Gluten free & Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies NO BAKE
So I am not a vegan, but on occasion I like to eat vegan food because it is super healthy for you and honestly still tastes amazing. I found a similar recipe on Pinterest and then made it a bit healthier. These cookies have no flour or eggs. They are perfect for a mid-day snack or a before bedtime snack as well. These are sooo delicious you won’t be able to eat just one. My boyfriend is obsessed with them.
1 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup (Spring Tree brand is the best) 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl. Add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk together.
3. Heat in 20 second intervals in the microwave. About 6 times until its bubbly and fragrant. Whisk in between increments.
4. Add coconut and oats to the mixture. Stir until combined and thickened.
5. Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, drop the balls onto the cookie sheet. Evenly spaced. And flatten with a fork to desired thickness.
6. Place in the freezer for 20 mins until firm. TIME TO EAT!!!:)
Store after in the refrigerator.
Avocado Jalapeño Pesto Pasta
This dish has become one of my favorites. Its healthy and delicious and takes only 20 minutes tops to make! I know it has jalapeños in it, but you get to choose the level of heat. I usually only keep half of the seeds and membrane and it gives it just the right amount of kick without over doing it. With whole grain noodles it’s a great source of fiber, and you get your dose of healthy greens as well. SERVES 4.
I hope you like it! Xoxo
2 medium ripe avocados
2 cups loosely packed fresh arugula
1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
3 tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic
1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
14 ounces whole grain rotini pasta
1 jalapeño pepper cut into quarters (remove seeds and membranes for mild pesto) 1 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
2 pints cherry tomatoes halved
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain. Place in a large serving bowl, and toss with olive oil to prevent sticking.
2. Scoop the avocado into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add arugula, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth. Add the parmesan cheese and puree again. Taste and add additional salt and pepper. (if the consistency is too thick you can add a bit of water)
3. Pour the pesto over the pasta, and toss gently to combine.
4. Then add the cherry tomatoes and toss until combined.
5. Serve warm topped with feta cheese and additional parmesan.